Monday, July 2, 2012

Record Rack

I've been listening heavily to my record collection lately now that I've set up a Hi Fi console in my living room (more about this later). Because I store my records in a different room, though, I always end up with a big pile of lps sitting in a pile on top of the console unit. In search of a solution to this problem, I decided to venture out yesterday to one of my favorite antique stores, the Cambridge Antique Market, to find either a record or magazine rack that would work for lp storage preferably from the 1950s-60s era. I ended up finding four different possibilities, but many were either too pricey, too antique-ey, or too bamboo-ey.

My favorite of the offerings was this vintage magazine rack that was cheap, but needed some work.


While the black was nice, I thought that gold seemed like a more mid-century appropriate color choice. One stop at Home Depot and three coats of Rust-Oleum later, I think it turned out pretty nice.


With constant estate sale record finds, I just need to now get my whole record collection, which I store in my basement den, in order. I think I'll put it on my to-do list for the 4th of July holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment